Today was the Amazon Prime Photos announcement. There’s Dropbox upping it’s limit a while ago. And iButt re-pricing and family sharing. I’m sure there’s a Microsoft butt thing too. But here’s the thing: None of these things works like I want them to work.
Maybe it’s because I’m in the midst of dealing with a small iButt fucknest. I’m currently running on a backup from my 5 from September 22, because when I signed in to my new 6 on September 23, I only had photos back to August, 2014. Which is about two years+ worth of photos gone. But really, everything will be okay.
Here’s how I want my butt to work:
- Media from every device is automatically pushed to my account.
- Each device has a adjustable threshold of time that media will remain on the device.
- Each device can act on any bit of media in 4 ways:
- Keep local, a la like. This media will remain on this device.
- Keep everywhere, a la favorite. This media will be pushed to every device.
- Delete local, a la archive. This media will be pushed to account, and deleted from device.
- Delete everywhere, a la Delete. This media will be, well, deleted from everywhere.
That’s it. I don’t want to have to have the available space on all devices for my entire account. That defeats the entire purpose of my butt.
Please send hate mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.